Why Choose a Design Build Remodeler?
Remodeling a home requires three key components: Project design, production selection, and (obviously) construction. Oftentimes, that means finding multiple companies you can trust and hoping that they communicate with one another to make the process as painless as possible.
But there’s also a less risky way to approach home remodeling: Hire a Design-Build Remodeler.
What exactly is a “design-build remodeler?”
A design-build remodeler is the rare company that can handle an entire remodeling project in-house, from design to build! (Hence the name.)
Why is this such an advantage?
With the entire team in-house, communication is stronger and more direct, ensuring that plans are more fully understood and fewer details slip through the cracks. Being a one-stop-shop also allows for smoother transitions from design to construction, and an all-hands-on-deck approach when unforeseen problems arise. It can also be cost-effective in the long run.
Many Wisconsin homeowners are looking for a contractor for their home improvement work this year and don’t know where to start. In this video Kelly Ament and Casey Carney from S.J. Janis explain why to choose a Design Build Remodeler.
The S.J. Janis Design-Build Process
Years ago, we realized that this comprehensive approach to remodeling allowed us to give our clients the best experience and result possible. Here are the seven steps you can expect with our design-build process:
- The Initial Conversation: This first step is primarily about project discovery: why you want to rebuild, what you want to accomplish, etc. We listen to your ideas, understand your needs, and determine how your budget will impact the project.
- On-Site Meeting: Next, our Senior Design Consultant will analyze the existing footprint of your home, talk through the remodeling possibilities that best fit your home’s style, address structural concerns, and browse through some of our past projects to find additional inspiration and ideas.
- Measurements, Plans, and Products: After signing an official agreement to proceed, our Director of Design will measure your home in order to produce more accurate floor plans, drawings, and 3D renderings of the new space. We’ll then meet at our Wauwatosa office to review these plans, 2-3 optional layouts, and a selection sheet of products that fit within the project’s scope and budget. Finally, we’ll schedule an on-site walk-through to discuss any upgrades or opportunities for cost savings.
- The Construction Agreement: With the plans and product sheet approved, we’ll then provide you with a completed construction agreement with a fixed cost. That means your project will be completed within your agreed-upon budget unless you choose to make changes during the project.
- A Pre-Construction Conference: In order to ensure a smooth process and successful on-time completion, your Design Consultant and Project Manager will meet at your home to discuss the details of what to expect during the remodeling process. A written project schedule will be provided, covering the start and completion dates.
- The Construction Phase: During construction, the team will participate in weekly meetings with the Project Manager to discuss what took place during the past week and what is planned for the following one. When questions do arise, you’ll have phone, text, and email access to your Design Consultant and Project Manager throughout the process.
- Project Completion: Within two weeks of project completion, we’ll schedule a punch list and final close-out meeting to discuss the entire experience. The punch list details any remaining items for our team to complete. Once those remaining items are finished, we’ll schedule six-month and one-year warranty visits to your home as part of our “client for life” philosophy.
If you’re looking for a process that is more efficient, less risky, and provides long-term cost savings and satisfaction, you’ve come to the right place. Choose S.J. Janis as your Design-Build Remodeler.
Ready to put S.J. Janis’s design-build approach to work for you? Contact us today
Request a free consultation with our team today.
Award-Winning Design Projects
S.J. Janis Company’s commitment to customer satisfaction and unmatched service quality has earned us 115 awards. We’ve been recognized by Houzz, Metropolitan Builders Association, NARI Wisconsin, and more. Browse our designs below to see why we’re Wisconsin’s preferred home remodeling partner. See All Projects